21 Fun Jamaica Trivia Questions & Facts for Kids
Let's see how much you know :-)
Hey kids! And kids at heart! Here are some fun Jamaica trivia questions to test your knowledge of our country and also to impress your parents, friends, and even teacher!
Can I tell you something though?
I was grinning from ear to ear while putting this together. I totally enjoyed it.
I really hope you like it.
Play now (See questions below)
The answers are at the end of the page BUT!!!
Don't cheat on me now :-)
Jamaica Trivia Questions
- Jamaica is the third largest island in the Caribbean, measuring 235 km long and approximately 4,411 square miles (10,992 square km). The island is slightly smaller than which state in the U.S.A?
(Florida, Connecticut, California or Arizona)
- Jamaica is located 90 miles south of which Caribbean country?
(Barbados, Spice Island, Soca Land, Cuba)
- The capital of Jamaica is which city?
(Montego Bay, Portmore, Kingston, Gaza)
- The Jamaican flag consists of how many _____ colors?
(13, 1, 3, 31)
- The original Indian inhabitants of Jamaica were said to be exterminated by the Spanish. The name of the original Indian inhabitants is which of the following?
( Lucayans, Caribs, Tainos, Or Yaadies )
- The head of government is elected by the Jamaican people and is called which of the following?
( Governor General, Prime Minister, ManAYard Or Member Of Parliament )
- A major agricultural crops grown in Jamaica is which of the following?
( Sugar, Wheat, Soy or Veg Patties )
- Over which (3) parishes does the Blue Mountain stretch?
- The Mico University College sits on the Liguanea Plain.
( True Or False? )
- The Jamaican Maroons were the second negro group to gain freedom from their masters in the New World?
( True Or False? )
- Bauxite is the ore, mined in Jamaica, from which ___________ is made.
(Aluminum, Steel, Cricket Ball, Iron)
- The team of men who plays football (soccer) for the Jamaica national team, is called __________.
( Poco Eagles, Gerreh Trumpets, Toots & The Maytals, Reggae Boyz )
- A cruise ship passenger terminals is found in Spanish Town?
( True or False? )
- The following are the names of two (2) mountains in Jamaica
a) OverRiver Mountain / Bearsheeba Hills or
b) Blue Mountain / JohnCrow Mountains
c) Whistlings Hills / Wild Boar Mountain
- Jamaica was the first country in the Western world to construct a railway, even before the United States!
(True or False?)
- The Manchester Golf Club in Jamaica, the oldest in the western hemisphere, was established in the year _______.
(2000BC, 1973, 1868, 1938)
- Bob Marley was born in Jamaica in the year _______.
(1494, 1509, 1111, 1962 or 1945)
- Edward Seaga, PJ Patterson, Portia Simpson and Bruce Golding, at one point was Jamaica's __________ .
(Governor, President, Prime Minister, DPP)
- Which parish in Jamaica is the athletic track star Usain Bolt from?
(St. Ann, St. Mary, St. Aloweeshous, Trelawny)
- The famous Green Grotto is a _______________ in Jamaica.
( Special Mineral, Cave Attraction, Traditional Bread, Famous Dish )
- If Jamaica was 'born' in 1962, how old is Jamaica today?
Ok, great! Ready for the answers? ... scroll down to here
ANSWERS To Jamaica Trivia Questions For Kids
- 3 colours (Black, Green, Gold)
- Prime Minister
- St.Thomas, Portland and St. Andrew
- False, they were the first!
- Reggae Boyz
- Blue Mountain /John Crow Mountains
- Prime Minister
- Cave Attraction - on the north coast.
- The answer is arrived by ... taking away 1962 from the current year.
Glad you made it here!
Now how many did you get correct without looking at the answer? Be honest with me :-)
Never mind, it was all just for fun.
Please be sure to share this page with someone using the social media links below and keep the fun going.
By the way, we've answered hundreds of questions about Jamaica, visit this page to learn even more about our beautiful island.
3 Pages Related To Jamaica Trivia Questions & Facts
Make sure you subscribe to my free monthly e-zine My Island Jamaica
Digest (MIJD) and stay with the latest from Jamaica!
Return to My Island Jamaica Homepage from Jamaica Trivia Questions and Answers
Return to Facts About Jamaica from Jamaica Trivia Questions
New! Talk To Me
Was the information helpful? Something needs changing? I welcome your feedback here.
Recommended For You ...
And, Before You Go!
Here (below) are some sweet deals on matching products at Amazon that you might have otherwise missed.
Amazon.com, by the way, is the internet's most reputable retailer and usually showcases only the best products that are related to your search. Be sure to check them out.
Note: If link does not show, please click here to be redirected to our page at Amazon.com.
Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.
Top Of Page
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adores his culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' - since April 2007.
To date, he serves over 8,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
His efforts have earned him featured positions in local publications, including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers, as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies and universities.
He invites you to join his friends list and stay updated on all the latest. You are also invited to join his exclusive patron community.