JAMAICA AT 60!
Short Story/Editorial Competition
Celebrating Jamaican Independence
Jamaica Independence Essay Competition
Stay tuned for the BIG announcement!
The only thing that would have made this contest any sweeter would have been making all entrants winners!
But we had to narrow it down to the top 10!
(See the full list of entrants here)
So our esteemed judges went to work! And the process was extremely simple!
They each were given a template will all the entries and told to score them out of 100 for creativity, presentation and originality & passion.
And now... here they are!
THE JUDGES TOP 10!
- The Mystique of Jamaica, by Linda Martinez (Temple, Tx, USA)
Vote by LIKING on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/3bdnssd
- Sweet sweet Jamaica, naah left yah, by Carolyn Williams (Clarendon, Jamaica)
Vote by LIKING on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/3JbAfrC
- Train ride in the 70's, by Cherryl Gentles (St. Andrew, Jamaica)
Vote by LIKING on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/3S6L0j7
- A September To Remember, by Gayle (St. Catherine, Jamaica)
Vote by LIKING on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/3cHDDON
- AFTER THE FLOOD RAINS, AN OLIVE BRANCH!, by Bevol Henson (Portmore, Jamaica)
Vote by LIKING on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/3vjlxsY
- My Jamaican Experience, by Vinnessa Crawford (Spanish Town, Jamaica)
Vote by LIKING on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/3zFWcvR
- The dreadful hurricane Gilbert of September 1988, by Latoya Edwards (Portmore, Jamaica)
Vote by LIKING on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/3zBxHjr
- My fond memories of Independence in 1962, by Beverly P. Lyons (Mandeville, Manchester, Jamaica)
Vote by LIKING on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/3OI6BLN
- My first Impressions of Jamaica, Angela Tait (The Hague, Netherlands)
Vote by LIKING on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/3vjlD3O
- THE HEART AND SOUL OF THE SIXTY YEARS, by Herry Harvin (Jackson, Mississippi, USA)
Vote by LIKING on YouTube here: https://bit.ly/3Q1jD8f
These entries will now battle for the ultimate prizes based on the YouTube (liking)
SEE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
Complimentary 2 Night All Inclusive Stay For Two at beautiful Ocean Cliff Hotel (formerly The Spa Retreat In Negril). When you get there you'll fully understand why it consistently ranks in the top 3 of best hotels in Negril.
All Inclusive Weekend For Two at the tranquil Tapioca Village Retreat, the hidden gem for peace and tranquility in the hills of St. Mary, Jamaica!
PLUS a BONUS Tapioca Getaway - A fun day package for two (2), to include admission, lunch, rafting, pedal boating and relaxation - down by the river!
Complimentary Stay (2 Days/ 3 Nights) at Luna Sea Inn, to include a breathtaking ocean view room, with full access to paddle boards, kayaks and snorkeling equipment!
Dinner For Two at the 'sweet spot', Sky Beach Seafood Grill, beside the beach, under a private palapa in Hopewell, Hanover!
PLUS Multiple Consolation Prizes (below)!
- MOST ENTRIES:
Entrant who submits the most valid entries (>2)
GIFT BASKET (80usd value) Courtesy of Rastafari Never Grow Old (video here) to include organic Jamaican products including Jamaican roots tonic, Jamaican turmeric & ginger, breadfruit flour, coconut charcoal & cassava flour!
- CROWD FAVOURITE:
(Based on Comments & Feedback -on the website)
GIFT BASKET (80usd value) courtesy of Dew Drops Farms (video here) to include authentic Jamaican honey and honey/apiary based products, including lotions, hair oil and face soaps!
- EDITOR'S PICK
Authentic Jamaican 12x13 Machel tote bag courtesy of Sauti Sac JA (see video clip here)!
SO WHAT'S NEXT?
- For the entrant/ contestant, its simple, just get persons to LIKE your entry
- And for the reader, its the same, just review the entries and LIKE the one(s) you like, that's it!
The entries with the most LIKES wins (1st, 2nd, 3rd) etc.!
So again for the entrant, you'll need all the votes you can get to cement your entry for the top prize so...
- Get your friends to vote
- Get your family to vote
- Get your social media fans and friends (Insta, Facebook, Whatsapp, etc) to vote
- Get them all to vote for your entry.
AND HOW TO YOU DO SO?
Here are my recommended steps!
- Copy the link to the YouTube post (given above)
Its the one that looks something like this... https://bit.ly/3zFQYQP
- Then paste it in your email and share it with all your friends on email.
- Do the same 'copy and paste) and share it with WhatsApp, Facebook or all the other social toots you use!
Tell them to simply 'LIKE' your entry (on YouTube)
C'mon these amazing prices are too good to not give it a shot!
If persons are having difficulty or issues seeing the post on YouTube, chances are their account/ channel has the "Made For kids" video option on, hence they are not able to create or view community posts.
If that was not deliberate, they can simply follow these quick steps this video below change it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnjmqpKwIx4
HURRY, Ending Soon!
But hurry, this voting segment is for only 5 days!
It ends on August 3rd (midnight), so please get at it right now!
How often to we hear persons say, 'If I had just started earlier)
CONGRATS AGAN TO BEST OF LUCK TO ALL THE SHORTLISTED WINNERS!
CLICK HERE to return to the contest main page
Back To Top of Jamaican Independence Essay Contest
Return to My Island Jamaica Forums from Jamaican Independence
Return to My Island Jamaica Homepage from Jamaican Independence
Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed
P.S. Didn't find what you were looking for?
Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.