with all that's new at My-Island-Jamaica, Click Here to subscribe
for my updates and don't miss a thing!
The Scrumptious Jamaican Patty Recipe
SURPRISINGLY Simple & Easy!
Sharing Is Caring! Share this awesome content with your friends now.
New! For Authentic Jamaican products, from my very own hands, visit my Etsy store here.
Jamaican Patty Recipe| Patty In Coco Bread Sandwich
Backed by popular demand, I now present you a surprisingly simple Jamaican Patty recipe. You are going to thank me later :-)
Watch! See the real Jamaica in VIDEOS
Click Here to watch my latest videos on my fun YouTube channel - you'll love it!
I already provided a little background to our succulent patties - the main ingredients, the varieties, how we use them, and of course, the fact that they are everybody's favourite here - and increasingly so abroad!
This now, is YOUR opportunity to prepare it! Your SHOWTIME! And I've made it surprisingly simple for you.
OK, here we go! Good Luck!
Jamaican Beef Patty Recipe
- 1\4 cup shortening
- 1\4 cup margarine
- 1\3 cup water (cold)
- 1\4 teaspoon salt
- 1\2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3\4 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1\2 cup beef broth (stock)
- 1\2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 beaten egg
The Pastry Preparation
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C (400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, curry powder and salt.
- Cut in margarine and shortening until mixture looks crumbly.
- Add water and stir until the mixture forms a ball.
- Shape dough into a log, and cut into 10 equal sections. Roll each section into 6-8 inch circles (approximately 1/8 inch thick).
- Cover with damp cloth until ready to use.
The Filling Preparation
- Melt margarine in a skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onion until limp and translucent.
- Add the beef, salt, pepper, curry powder and thyme and mix well.
- Cook until beef is evenly brown, stirring constantly.
- Add the breadcrumbs and stock and combine all the ingredients well.
- Simmer until liquid is absorbed. It should be moist but not watery
- Remove the skillet from the stove and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Uncover the dough circles and place 2 to 3 tablespoons of filling on half of each..
- Moisten the edges of the dough with water and fold the dough circle over the meat filling. Use a fork to press edges. Lightly brush the pastry with the beaten egg.
- Bake on a lightly greased baking sheet for 30 to 35 minutes or until the pastry are golden brown.
- That's it!
Not let me know how it came out using the comment link below. I can't wait :-)
New! We have finally posted the recipe for the coco bread, the best friend of Jamaican patty and the 'other half' of Jamaica's signature sandwich - PATTY AND COCO BREAD!
Thanks to my neighbor (and baking general) Datsi, here is the recipe for traditional Jamaican coco bread as well.
Watch Video! Jamaican Patty Recipe
If you need a bit of inspiration, PhillyBoyJay created a video showing his version of our world famous Patty on YouTube.
Take a look and see what you can take from it. It's fun though, so please enjoy as well. Good luck!
Ready To Cook Authentic Jamaican?
Click Here to see the full list of our easy and exciting Jamaican recipes, completely free!
Other Pages Related To Jamaican Patty Recipe
And please don't miss these related pages:
By the way, more free Jamaican Recipes are available here.
Return to Jamaican Food from Jamaican Patty Recipe
Return to HomePage from Jamaican Beef Patty Recipe
Sharing IS Caring... Its now YOUR turn to...
If you found this page useful, please consider subscribing to my weekly newsletter, My Island Jamaica Digest here.
Back To The Top Of This Page
It tells you each week about the new information that I have added, including new developments and great stories from lovers of Jamaica!
New! Talk To Me
Was the information helpful? Something needs changing? I welcome your feedback here.
Recommended For You ...
Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.
Back To The Top Of This Page
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adore its culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' since April 2007.
To date, he serves over 9,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
efforts have earned this site featured positions in local publications,
including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers,
as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies
and universities. Read more about him here.
He invites you to subscribe to this site to stay updated on all the latest and check out his unique Jamaican products on his Etsy store.
If you are on social media, here are the links to follow his latest posts
You are also invited to join his exclusive JAMHearts community where like-minded Jamaican enthusiasts discuss all things Jamaican.