with all that's new at My-Island-Jamaica, Click Here to subscribe
for my updates and don't miss a thing!
Sharing Is Caring! Share this awesome content with your friends now.
The Scrumptious Jamaican Patty Recipe
SURPRISINGLY Simple & Easy!
Watch! See the real Jamaica in VIDEOS!
Click Here and see why over 60,000 fans are raving about my YouTube Channel!
Jamaican Patty Recipe| Patty In Coco Bread Sandwich
Backed by popular demand, I now present you a surprisingly simple Jamaican Patty recipe. You are going to thank me later :-)
I already provided a little background to our succulent patties - the main ingredients, the varieties, how we use them, and of course, the fact that they are everybody's favourite here - and increasingly so abroad!
This now, is YOUR opportunity to prepare it! Your SHOWTIME! And I've made it surprisingly simple for you.
OK, here we go! Good Luck!
Jamaican Beef Patty Recipe
- 1\4 cup shortening
- 1\4 cup margarine
- 1\3 cup water (cold)
- 1\4 teaspoon salt
- 1\2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3\4 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1\2 cup beef broth (stock)
- 1\2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 beaten egg
The Pastry Preparation
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C (400 degrees Fahrenheit).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, curry powder and salt.
- Cut in margarine and shortening until mixture looks crumbly.
- Add water and stir until the mixture forms a ball.
- Shape dough into a log, and cut into 10 equal sections. Roll each section into 6-8 inch circles (approximately 1/8 inch thick).
- Cover with damp cloth until ready to use.
The Filling Preparation
- Melt margarine in a skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onion until limp and translucent.
- Add the beef, salt, pepper, curry powder and thyme and mix well.
- Cook until beef is evenly brown, stirring constantly.
- Add the breadcrumbs and stock and combine all the ingredients well.
- Simmer until liquid is absorbed. It should be moist but not watery
- Remove the skillet from the stove and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Uncover the dough circles and place 2 to 3 tablespoons of filling on half of each..
- Moisten the edges of the dough with water and fold the dough circle over the meat filling. Use a fork to press edges. Lightly brush the pastry with the beaten egg.
- Bake on a lightly greased baking sheet for 30 to 35 minutes or until the pastry are golden brown.
- That's it!
Not let me know how it came out using the comment link below. I can't wait :-)
New! We have finally posted the recipe for the coco bread, the best friend of Jamaican patty and the 'other half' of Jamaica's signature sandwich - PATTY AND COCO BREAD!
Thanks to my neighbor (and baking general) Datsi, here is the recipe for traditional Jamaican coco bread as well.
Watch Video! Jamaican Patty Recipe
If you need a bit of inspiration, PhillyBoyJay created a video showing his version of our world famous Patty on YouTube.
Take a look and see what you can take from it. It's fun though, so please enjoy as well. Good luck!
Click Here to see the full list of our easy and exciting Jamaican recipes, completely free!
Other Pages Related To Jamaican Patty Recipe
And please don't miss these related pages:
By the way, more free Jamaican Recipes are available here.
Return to Jamaican Food from Jamaican Patty Recipe
Return to HomePage from Jamaican Beef Patty Recipe
Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed
P.S. Didn't find what you were looking for?
Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.