Nightlife in Kingston
Best Places In The City After Dark
Sharing Is Caring! Share this awesome content with your friends now.
New! See the real Jamaica in VIDEOS!
Click Here and see why over 140,000 fans are raving about my YouTube Channel!
Nightlife in Kingston | (Photo: lonleyplanet.com)
by Sheree-Anita Shearer | Associate Writer
Kingston knows how to party, there is no doubt about it. The nightlife in Kingston always seems to be alive, you are never out of things to do when you are there.
New! Ready To Visit Jamaica?
Join countless of travelers who have already unlocked the secrets to experiencing Jamaica on a budget. Click Here and find out how.
And, if you ever need a trustworthy, friendly and knowledgeable local guide, consider booking a private tour with us!
While other places will wait for the weekend, Kingston does not. Something is happening every night of the week in this coastal city, especially in New Kingston, the more modern part of the city. Here are the top places Kingstonians frequent after dark.
Tracks and Records
The restaurant and bar out by our very own sprint legend, Usain Bolt is, of course, a track-themed restaurant and bar with VIP seating.
It is a great place to watch games with friends but it also has karaoke nights and small music shows by some of Jamaica’s finest talent in Reggae and Dancehall. There is something for everyone.
- Menu & Reservation: kingston.tracksandrecords.com
- Phone: (876) 906-3903
- Opening Hours: 11 AM - 12 AM
- Address: Marketplace, 67 Constant Spring Rd, Kingston
The sports bar hangout spot is owned by powerhouse cricketer Chris Gayle. Triple Century is the ultimate hangout spot to watch your favourite sport with friends, with its multiple televisions and lounge.
The main stage is perfect for Karaoke nights and intimate musical performances and it is used for just that.
- Address: 69 Knutsford Blvd, Kingston
- Phone: (876) 906-3333 | WhatsApp: 528-5310
Fiction Fantasy Nightclub
Fiction is how you do weekends right. Though they are open every day until the wee hours of the morning, their most popular days are Fridays for Fiction Fantasy Fridays and Saturday nights.
This is the nightclub to be for parties and special events if you want to rub shoulders with the celebrities of local Jamaican entertainment and even a few international stars as well.
More often than not there is a guest list so, making your reservations for the weekend have never been more important.
- Address: Constant Spring Road
- Phone: +1 212-380-7772
CRU Bar and Kitchen
If you are young and in Kingston for work or university, then evenings at CRU are no surprise to you. The restaurant and bar provide the perfect balance for groups who enjoy a delicious meal and those who are simply here for the cocktails.
CRU is even more popular on the weekends when their rooftop lounge adds a host DJ to the mix. It is the perfect place to unwind, catch up with friends and enjoy the music. They also offer delivery and takeaway for their restaurant but you aren’t planning to stay home, right?
- Address: 71 Lady Musgrave Rd, Kingston
- Phone: (876) 571-1168
For many, it is quite disappointing that the Dub Club is only open on Sundays, but that just means it is a much anticipated weekly event in the city. The best in the world of Reggae, both musicians and DJs as well as regular listeners of the genre, convene on Sunday evenings for a much-needed Reggae session.
Nothing beats swaying to the best in Reggae music while looking down on the beautifully lit city of Kingston.
- Address: Gabre Selassie's, Skyline Drive, Jack Hills, St. Andrew
- Hours: 5 PM - 2:30 AM
What is there to do in Kingston on a Friday night?
These are some of the places you can visit on a Friday night in Kingston.
- The Deck - After work Frolic
- Pulse8 - MVP Fridays
- Fiction Fantasy - Fiction Fantasy Fridays
- Club Privilege - Uber
What about other nights? What is there to do?
- Auto Vision Wet Sundaze - Hillview Ave
- Oldies Jam - Sabina Park
- Kingston Dub Club - Gabre Selassie's, Skyline Drive
- Susie's Mojito Mondays Street Dance - Southdale Plaza, Half Way Tree
- Uptown Mondays street dance - Savannah Plaza, Half Way Tree
- Pegasus Hotel Tuesday on the Grill
- Usain Bolt's Tracks & Records: Behind The Screen - Market Place
- Boasy Tuesdays street dance - 10 Balmoral Ave
- Pulse8 Seafood and Eat It all-you-can-eat crab and crayfish - New Kingston
- Pulse8: Pepperseed 90s Party - New Kingston
- Medusa Sports Bar and Grill - 92 Hope Road, Liguanea
- Fiction Fantasy: Vibe Wednesdays - Half Way Tree
- Kabana: Dubwise - Hope Road, HalfWay Tree
- Stone Love HQ: Weddie Weddie Wednesdays - Burlington Ave, Half Way Tree
- The Deck After Work Lyme
- Regency: Latin Night dance class and after party
- Fiction Fantasy: Off The Hook - Market Place, Half Way Tree
- The Tavern: EDB Vinyl Thursdays - Papine
- Olympic Way: All-Star Thursdays - Olympic Gardens, Waterhouse
- Whopping Thursdays - Mahoe Drive, Cockburn Gardens
- The Deck
- Fiction Fantasy
- Club Privilege
There are dozens of nightclubs, restaurants and street parties everywhere in the city, they all couldn’t make the list. I am sure though, that you will be able to find somewhere entertaining. Party Safely and have fun!
Sharing IS Caring! Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
If you found this page useful, please consider subscribing to my weekly newsletter, to get even more.
It tells you each week about the new information that I have added, including new developments and great stories from lovers of Jamaica!
Return to Nightlife in Montego Bay from Nightlife in Kingston
Return to My Island Jamaica Homepage from Nightlife in Kingston
References & Sources For Nightlife In Kingston
- Best nightlife in Kingston (no date) Frommer's. Available at: https://www.frommers.com/destinations/kingston/nightlife/overview (Accessed: January 27, 2023).
- Kingston Nightlife - weekly schedule (no date) Kingston Nightlife - Weekly Schedule | Moon Jamaica. Available at: http://www.moonjamaica.com/call-out/kingston-nightlife-weekly-schedule (Accessed: January 27, 2023).
- McLeod, S.-kae (2017) 10 nightclubs and bars to hear dancehall in Kingston, Culture Trip. The Culture Trip. Available at: https://theculturetrip.com/caribbean/jamaica/articles/10-nightclubs-and-bars-to-hear-dancehall-in-kingston/ (Accessed: January 27, 2023).
- Yilmaz, A. (2022) 7 places to go for the best nightlife in Jamaica, Big 7 Travel. Available at: https://bigseventravel.com/7-places-to-go-for-the-best-nightlife-in-jamaica/ (Accessed: January 27, 2023).
Nightlife in Kingston | Written: January 27, 2023
Back To The Top Of This Page
New! Get My Latest Book👇🏿
You asked, I've answered! You no longer need to save for months or years, to enjoy paradise!
JAMAICA On A Budget is your passport to experiencing what I call 'The Real Jamaica' on a budget!
I spilled the beans! sharing my top tips on finding cozy accommodations and secret gems, only the way a native could! Click Here to pick it up on my e-store and start saving now!
See The Best Of Jamaica - In Videos!
My channel reaches over 140,000 subscribers worldwide and has leveraged over 11 million views, sharing, what I call 'The Real Jamaica'. Subscribe today and join our family of viewers.
P.S. Didn't find what you were looking for?
Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.