The Weather In Negril Jamaica
Here's What To Expect...
Sharing Is Caring! Share this awesome content with your friends now.
Watch! See the real Jamaica in VIDEOS!
Click Here and see why over 90,000 fans are raving about my YouTube Channel!
Weather In Negril Jamaica contributed by Crystal Holness
Welcome to Negril; Jamaica's diverse and beautiful resort town known for its glorious, sandy beaches, located on the north side of the island's western-most tip.
If you are a returning visitor you are most likely familiar with Negril's almost perfect weather conditions, and if you are planning on going there for the first time, here's a idea of what you can expect in this little bit of paradise year-round.
- Negril's beaches are naturally more sheltered than many of the other coastal areas in Jamaica, which means you need not be concerned as much with strong winds disrupting activities such as snorkelling or scuba diving.
- There are pleasant breezes from the Trade Winds, which blow off the sea throughout the day, acting as “natural air-conditioning” to make the temperature just right. Negril has some of the coolest and most pleasant temperatures of all the resort areas.
- The rainiest time of year in Negril is between May and October. When rain showers occur in Negril, they may be heavy, but are usually short-lived, and quite often they bring with them a welcome cooling effect which cuts the humidity, afterwards the bright sun will be right back out where you want it to be.
- Daytime temperatures may reach as high as 88ºF or 31ºC, while at night it may dip as low as 73ºF or 20ºC, making sleeping easier and more comfortable.
- Jamaica's hurricane season is from June to November, but is not something you need to be worried about generally, sometimes there is very little or even no hurricane activity, and the chances of a live hurricane actually touching down are very small.
What Is The Weather Like In Negril?
This depends on what time of year
you visit Negril, seasons here are not as markedly different from each
other as they are in colder countries, because Jamaica has a
tropical-marine climate, but there are some variations you should be
Summer in Negril
- Summer months of June, July,
and August are Negril's hottest months, with average daytime
temperatures ranging between 86ºF and 88ºF or 30-31ºC , this is also the
sunniest time of the year, and makes for awesome beach-going weather.
- Rain-showers may happen, but do not last long or pose a serious threat to your fun in the sun.
- This the best time of year for outdoor activities in Negril, and the busiest with many locals choosing to travel at this time.
- Hotel rooms can be higher priced at this time, so booking in advance is a good idea.
Autumn in Negril
weather in Negril, during the months of September, October, and
November is somewhat of a mixed bag of sunshine, wind, and rain, and can
be rather unpredictable compared to other times of the year.
rain falls during October than any other month, so it is somewhat risky
if you are counting on fair weather for outdoor activities. Because of
this fact, this is one of the least busy travel times and as a result
hotel and flight prices are usually lower.
- Early September and
late November are usually the best autumn travel times, with less
rainfall, and have the advantage of beaches and other attractions being
not so crowded.
Winter in Negril
- If you visit Negril
During the winter months of December, January, and February, you can
expect that the daily temperatures will be somewhat lower, most days
will not be warmer than 84ºF or 29ºC at most, but this is really an
ideal temperature if you don't want extreme heat and humidity.
- Winter months are often somewhat windier than usual, but generally rain is less.
period is considered high season, with the price of flights and hotel
rooms being higher as many visitors from colder climates choose to enjoy
Negril's sunny beaches during this time of year.
Spring in Negril
you are visiting during the springtime months of March, April, and May,
you can expect that the temperatures will be slightly warmer than those
in the winter months, as the high travel season comes to an end.
is usually the rainiest of the spring months, which can put a damper
on your enjoyment of the beaches and other outdoor attractions. March
and April are typically drier and sunnier.
Back To Top of Weather In Negril Jamaica
Whichever time of
year you choose to visit the tropical beauty of Negril, your stay can
be a truly memorable holiday experience of days filled with sun, sand,
and splashing in the waves of the Caribbean Sea! Bon Voyage!
Current conditions and weather in Negril Jamaica can also be checked online at http://www.holiday-weather.com/negril/
You might like these as well
While this beautiful island is known for it's sunning beaches and lively culture, hidden are many Jamaican endangered species at the risk of going extinct.
As a visitor asking yourself how can tourists help to protect jamaica natural resources is your first step in aiding sustainable tourism. Here are some tips.
Pages Related To Weather In Negril Jamaica
Go to Jamaican Climate from Weather In Negril Jamaica
Return to My Island Jamaica from Weather In Negril Jamaica
Back To The Top Of This Page
See The Best Of Jamaica - In Videos!
My channel reaches over 100,000 subscribers worldwide and has leveraged over 11 million views, sharing, what I call 'The Real Jamaica'. Subscribe today and join our family of viewers.
P.S. Didn't find what you were looking for?
Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.