Subscribe for all my updates and don't miss a thing! Sign me up!

What Is
the Weather in Jamaica in June?

Sharing Is Caring! Share this awesome content with your friends now.


New! See the real Jamaica in VIDEOS!
Click Here and see why over 140,000 fans are raving about my YouTube Channel!

jamaicas_weather_in_march_beach_photo_childrenWeather In Jamaica In June

by Venesha Johnson | Associate Writer

Jamaica is the third-largest island in the Caribbean. It enjoys a lovely tropical climate and is well-liked all year long. While the rainy season offers frequent, cooling showers to the island's attractive beach resorts, June is exceptionally hot and humid in Jamaica.

New! Ready To Visit Jamaica?

Join countless of travelers who have already unlocked the secrets to experiencing Jamaica on a budget. Click Here and find out how.

And, if you ever need a trustworthy, friendly and knowledgeable local guide, consider booking a private tour with us!

This is a terrific time of year to take advantage of the clear, blue waters that surround Jamaica, whether you want to take a leisurely swim or try more daring water sports because the seas are warm and there is plenty of sunshine. So June is definitely the month for beach lovers and those who enjoy water sports.

Rainfall and Sunshine

With an average of 18mm of rainfall this month, there is a 26% probability of a perfect bright day and a 74% chance of seeing a combination of sunshine and clouds.

The optimal weather for taking advantage of Jamaica's gorgeous beaches or exploring inland is 28°C on average throughout June. With highs of 31°C and extremely warm evenings, you should pack lots of sunscreens and seek cover during the hottest part of the day.

Although showers are typically brief and serve to lower the humidity, Montego Bay is projected to receive 80mm of rain over June, so you'll undoubtedly experience some wet weather while on vacation. Other parishes also experience some amount of rain, so regardless of where you plan to spend your vacation, always plan for a mixture of sunshine and rain in June.

Sunrise: between 5:33 and 5:37 am
Sunset: between 6:43 and 6:50 pm

Is June a good month to go to Jamaica?

Jamaica is a fantastic destination in June. Despite being the off-season, it is nevertheless a rather busy season for travellers. Compared to July and August, it is warm but slightly cooler.

It is also a very popular month for destination weddings on the island, beach parties, catamaran cruises and many more fun activities. Coming to Jamaica in June will guarantee you a trip where you can pack your days with exciting activities.

In June as well the cost of accommodation is less than during the peak season. You can truly save money and relax by travelling to Jamaica in June. Visitors should carry lightweight, cool clothing because days are typically hot with warm evenings.

The average daily maximum and lowest temperatures are 31 C and 25 C, respectively.

Is June hurricane season in Jamaica?

June is the beginning of the hurricane in Jamaica and the rest of the Caribbean. Although it is the beginning of the hurricane season, Jamaica has only ever had 3 hurricanes in June. Also, Jamaica does not experience hurricanes frequently.

Fruits and Foods in Season in Jamaica in June

Each month in Jamaica some fruits become quite abundant, whether seasonal or available to some extent right around the year. For June, these fruits are some “in-season” fruits, and you should try them on your visit.

  • Otaheite apple - This pear-shaped fruit has a snow-white interior and a dark red exterior. In the core is a tough seed. These apples produce fruit in June and July in addition to February and April. They are quite juicy and are great to be had as a quick snack or to make delicious juice.

  • Breadfruit - The Jamaican diet is based largely on this incredibly adaptable fruit. The months of June through August are the most prolific. Similar to how rice or potatoes are consumed, they can be roasted, boiled, or fried. Even drinks can be made with breadfruit. Ackee and saltfish are delicious with roasted or fried breadfruit for breakfast, and jerk anything goes well for lunch.

  • Sweet sop - As the fruit ripens, it becomes more readily shattered, exposing the white flesh that covers the black seeds. You can rely on this fruit to be sweet. Although it resembles custard, it is not as gritty as custard apples. Fruits ripen between April and July. You need to suck the flesh off the seeds to consume this delicacy.

  • Mango - In May, mango season officially begins but by June there are mangos everywhere! Mango season is eagerly anticipated by most Jamaicans. Jamaica has a dizzying array of mango varieties, including Bombay, East Indian, Julie, Number 11, Robin, Millie, Stringy, Black mango, Fine skin, common mango, and many more.

Even though June is not a part of the tourist peak season in Jamaica, you can still look forward to having an amazing time, rain or shine.

You might like these

Sharing IS Caring! Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)

If you found this page useful, please consider subscribing to my weekly newsletter, to get even more

It tells you each week about the new information that I have added, including new developments and great stories from lovers of Jamaica! 

Return to Jamaican Weather from Weather In Jamaica In June
Return to My Island Jamaica Homepage from Weather In Jamaica In June

References & Sources For Weather In Jamaica In June

  1. Jamaica Villa Vacation Rental and travel guide (2022) Make It Jamaica. Available at: (Accessed: November 3, 2022).
  2. Jamaica weather in June: Thomas Cook (no date) Weather in June | Thomas Cook. Available at: (Accessed: November 3, 2022).
  3. Things to do in Jamaica | (no date). Available at: (Accessed: November 3, 2022).

Weather In Jamaica In June | Written: October 29, 2022

Back To The Top Of This Page

New! Get My Latest Book👇🏿


You asked, I've answered! You no longer need to save for months or years, to enjoy paradise!

JAMAICA On A Budget is your passport to experiencing what I call 'The Real Jamaica' on a budget!

I spilled the beans! sharing my top tips on finding cozy accommodations and secret gems, only the way a native could! Click Here to pick it up on my e-store and start saving now!

See The Best Of Jamaica - In Videos!


My channel reaches over 140,000 subscribers worldwide and has leveraged over 11 million views, sharing, what I call 'The Real Jamaica'. Subscribe today and join our family of viewers.


Read More ...

New! Comments

Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.

New! Experience The REAL Jamaica!
Book Your Private Tour here and experience Jamaica the way we (locals) do!

P.S. Didn't find what you were looking for? 
Still need help?

Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!

Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.

Back To The Top Of This Page

Like My Site? Please Click Here To Share It With Your Friends

Home   |   JOIN US   |   Site Search   |   Have Your Say   |   Archives   |   Old Archives   |   Contact   |   Disclaimer   |   TIP ME!   |   Link To Us

Do like I did! Share your passion
(about your city, hobby or experience) and make a living from it. Click Here to see how

By Wellesley Gayle   |   Copyright © 2007-2023   |   All rights Reserved.   |   Privacy Policy