Negril Beach Jamaica - by Rose-Marie Gordon-Cole
Think of a place that provides every romantic element you can imagine, frolicking in the ocean by day, romantic tropical dinner or just giving in to an alluring moonlight stroll on the beach, this can be your negril beach experience.
On the western end of the island of Jamaica is where you'll find Negril, home to the world famous 7 miles beach. Imagine miles of unspoilt powdery white sand beach, the rhythmic lapping of waves from the crystal clear water of the Caribbean sea and the warm tropical breeze! Welcome to negril beach.
It is rather refreshing that this beach has so much more to offer than just sea and sand. Negril beach sets the stage for anything you have your mind set on.
- Lazing around soaking up some sun is fine, doing it top less is also fine. Contrary to what you might have heard nudity is not as extensive and is restricted to certain areas.
- Energy level a little high? A game of beach volleyball will take care of that.
- Water sports is every where, from jet skies to water bikes.
- Ever heard of beach side shopping. The locals ensure that you don?t have to interrupt your time on the beach to go shopping, so they bring the shopping to you. From souvenirs to Jamaican food, without you having to leave your beach chair or towel.
There are so many different things that you can indulge in on the beach, and this is made possible with the numerous establishments that made their home on the 7 miles stretch at Negril Beach Jamaica.
Some popular resorts on the beach are:
- Couples Negril
- Couples Swept Away
- Samsara hotel
- Legengs Resorts
- Breezes Grand Resort and Spa
- Riu Palace Tropical Bay
- Riu Clubhouse
- Hedonism 11
And the list goes on.
With the exception of the all inclusive properties you are allowed to use the restaurants and bars on the other properties.
And your dining or entertainment experience is not limited to the above list as tucked in between all these resorts are open air restaurants and bars ready to take you on another island experience.
It is the norm to see a few one man bands or groups walking the length of the beach providing you with a taste of Jamaica through music.
And that is not all, if you want to complete the island look with breads, this can also be done right there on the beach. Eager hairdressers are always on hand to assist in your total island transformation.
Return to Places to Visit in Jamaica from Negril Beach Jamaica.
Return to HomePage from Negril Beach Jamaica.
Back to Top
Back to Top
Make sure you subscribe to my free monthly e-zine My Island Jamaica Digest (MIJD) and stay with the latest from Jamaica!
Back to Top
Didn't find exactly what you were looking for?
Do a quick search of the entire site.