ScotiaBank Jamaica, contributed by Chevon Morris
The Bank of Nova Scotia has been in Jamaica since 1889. It origins started with a small banking office in Kingston that served the needs of mainly merchants in the post emancipation
These were people who sought to establish trade using a monetary basis that was readily accepted by their creditors overseas.
Modern day Scotia
Today, Scotia Bank is one of the largest banking institution and is most known on our island Jamaica. Their network is widespread, as it has 35 branches and 3 sub branches with well over 2000 members on staff.
Scotia Bank is able to maintain its strength in the market place by maintaining a reputation of being strong, stable and creative in meeting the needs of Jamaicans- in prosperous and in turbulent times.
Products and Services
It's products and services are wide, as ranges from personal to business banking. Some of the products are:
- Day to day banking:- Accounts and Plans, Money Transfers, Electronic Banking.
- Borrowing:- Mortgages, Scotia Total Equity plan, Credit Cards, Line of Credit.
- Investing:- Self-Managed Brokerage, Full Service Brokerage, Mutual Funds, GICs, RSPs, TFSA, RESPs.
- Insurance:- Life and Health Insurance, Home and Auto Insurance, Creditor and Travel Insurance.
- Products and Services: - Banking & Investing, Business VISA Cards, Payment Services, Financing, Trading Internationally.
- Industry Solutions: - Auto Dealerships, Property Manager Plan, Agriculture, Franchising etc.
- Other Borrowing solutions, Cash Management, Risk Management, Planning Investment & Estate, Global Transaction Banking.
- Customer Care: Business Service Centre, etc...
Giving back to the community
In terms of community out reach programs, Scotia Bank created the Scotia Foundation in 1996, which has already contributed more than J$297.8 million to the education and health sectors in
In 2004 alone, the foundation donated more than J$40 million to outreach activities, civic groups and environmental and sporting activities.
For additional information on the products and services, please see their website at scotiabank.com.jm.
Return to Jamaican Banks from Scotiabank Jamaica Ltd.
1. © 2005, Arthur Lok Jack Graduate school of Business, Trinidad. Website: www.gsb.tt
2. website: http://scotiabank.com.
Make sure you subscribe to my free monthly e-zine My Island Jamaica Digest (MIJD) and stay with the latest!
Didn't find exactly what you were looking for?
Do a quick search of the entire site.
Back to Top of ScotiaBank Jamaica
Return to MyIslandJamaica Homepage from ScotiaBank Jamaica