Best Place To Stay In Jamaica For
Beaches, Culture & Adventure
Sharing Is Caring! Share this awesome content with your friends now.
New! See the real Jamaica in VIDEOS!
Click Here and see why over 140,000 fans are raving about my YouTube Channel!
Best Place To Stay In Jamaica
by Sheree-Anita Shearer | Associate Writer
Jamaica may seem small, but its culture, history and all it has to offer are in abundance and if you are looking for a particular experience, you might want to choose where you stay based on what you are looking for.
New! Ready To Visit Jamaica?
Join countless of travelers who have already unlocked the secrets to experiencing Jamaica on a budget. Click Here and find out how.
And, if you ever need a trustworthy, friendly and knowledgeable local guide, consider booking a private tour with us!
Best Pace To Stay In Jamaica for the Beach?
- Portland - Portland is a more rural parish, which fortunately permits a beautiful beach landscape. Portland's beaches are as picturesque as they come, and you will feel as though you have stepped into paradise.
However, while some of these beaches are free others may be private and charge an entrance fee. Some of the most beautiful beaches in Portland are Blue Lagoon, Boston Beach, Long Bay Beach, Frenchman’s Cove, San San Beach, Winifred Beach, Turtle Bay and Bikini Beach.
- Negril - Negril is known to be one of the most laid-back towns. It’s a tourist destination for the perfect couples getaway, beach weddings and for anyone who enjoys spending their days on white sandy beaches.
The seven-mile beach is the longest stretch of beach in Negril and one of the most popular beaches in the world. The beach is lined with many resorts, hotels, restaurants and bars. There are other beaches in Negril, such as Bloody Bay beach, booby cay beach and bourbon Beach.
Best Place To stay in Jamaica for Cultural Tours?
- Ocho Rios - Ochi is also known for its many cultural tours, some are on foot just walking through the town, while others may even be a bike riding tour through the city. One of the most common tours though is the incredible Bob Marley museum tour.
- Kingston - while Kingston is not a resort town, it is an informative cultural centre and a full day can be spent visiting different areas and monuments that will teach you all about the island. Port Royal, Devon House, Emancipation Park and the Trench Town Culture Yard museum are a few places you can start.
Best place to stay in Jamaica for fun excursions?
- Ocho Rios - While Negril is known as the city of casual and relaxed, Ocho Rios is known as the city of adventure. From Mystic Mountain to Dunn's River Falls, and Konoko Falls to Dolphin Cove, there are so many adventures awaiting you in Ocho Rios, zip lining, swimming with dolphins, and ATV riding, are just a few of the many thrilling adventures you can take on.
- Trelawny- The parish of Trelawny is packed with fun outdoor excursions. This is Jamaica, the land of wood and water, so it is no surprise that many of these excursions might get you a bit wet. Rapid Rivers is a great option if you would like to go river rafting, river tubing or kayaking.
Bamboo rafting on the Martha Brea is also a great option as well. For a once in a lifetime adventure, go for a nighttime swim in the sparkling waters of the luminous lagoon. The Hampden Estate Rum Tour and Charles Swaby’s Crocodile Swamp Safari are also great options.
Best Place to Stay in Jamaica for Eco Accommodations?
- Portland- One of Jamaica's most beautiful locations in Portland. The parish is known for its luxuriant greenery, breathtaking scenery, and quiet, isolated retreats. Naturally, the parish is home to several eco-friendly resorts that genuinely enable guests to stay in touch with Jamaica's natural beauty.
Portland may have the most significant eco-friendly lodgings on the island. Some of the most popular eco-resorts in Portland are Great Huts resort, bay view eco-resort and spa, Kanopi House, Mockingbird Hill, and Zion Country eco-cabins.
Best Place to Stay in Jamaica for a Relaxing Vacation?
- Negril - Negril is the definition of tranquillity. This is the spot for you to go and calm your soul. It is known for stunning sunsets, a 7-mile stretch of dazzling white sandy beach, and gorgeous cliffs overlooking the emerald green sea.
Enjoy the relaxed pace of life, daily caught fresh seafood, and the most breathtaking coastal sunsets you've ever seen.
Best Place to Stay in Jamaica for Partying and Fun?
- Kingston- If Kingston has a lot of anything, it's parties. Kingstonians know how to let loose on the weekend, from dazzling all-white affairs to enjoying soca outside of Carnival season in tank tops and shorts at a cooler party, usually with a low cover charge. Even though it happens all year long, the stakes are higher around Christmas because of massive parties and live music events like the yearly Major Lazer concert.
Carnival is a non-stop celebration that lasts for about two months at the beginning of the year, with parties available every weekend, day or night, leading up to the final road march hosted by three major groups.
- Montego Bay- Only a few minutes from the Donald Sangster International Airport, Gloucester Avenue, also known as the "Hip Strip," is the vibrant heart of Montego Bay, the tourist hub of Jamaica. It stretches along the road right above the hotel to the Aquasol Theme Park.
This is where the town's most well-known stores, nightclubs, restaurants, bars, and beach hangouts come alive with fun-seeking tourists every day from daylight until well past midnight.
Sharing IS Caring! Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
If you found this page useful, please consider subscribing to my weekly newsletter, to get even more.
It tells you each week about the new information that I have added, including new developments and great stories from lovers of Jamaica!
Return to Jamaican Attractions from Best Place To Stay In Jamaica?
Return to My Island Jamaica Homepage from Best Place To Stay In Jamaica?
References & Sources For Best Place To Stay In Jamaica?
- 5 best cultural and historical attractions in Kingston (2022) Things to do in Jamaica. Available at: https://things-to-do-in-jamaica.com/5-best-cultural-and-historical-attractions-in-kingston/ (Accessed: November 23, 2022).
- Best beaches in Portland: 8 of the most beautiful beaches in Portland (no date) My Island Jamaica. Available at: https://www.my-island-jamaica.com/best_beaches_in_portland.html (Accessed: November 23, 2022).
- Eco Resorts in Portland Jamaica: Vacations that save the environment (no date) My Island Jamaica Available at: https://www.my-island-jamaica.com/eco_resorts_in_portland_jamaica.html (Accessed: November 23, 2022).
- Insider guide to Montego bay's 'hip strip': S hotel jamaica: Blog (no date) INSIDER GUIDE TO MONTEGO BAY'S 'HIP STRIP' | S Hotel Jamaica | Blog. Available at: https://www.crissahotels.com/s-hotel-jamaica/blog/insider-guide-to-montego-bays-hip-strip.html (Accessed: November 23, 2022).
- The top 5 most amazing beaches in Portland, Jamaica (2022) Things to do in Jamaica. Available at: https://things-to-do-in-jamaica.com/the-top-5-most-amazing-beaches-in-portland-jamaica/ (Accessed: November 23, 2022).
- The top 6 Best Beaches in Negril (2022) Things to do in Jamaica. Available at: https://things-to-do-in-jamaica.com/the-top-6-best-beaches-in-negril/ (Accessed: November 23, 2022).
Best Place To Stay In Jamaica | Written: November 23, 2022
Back To The Top Of This Page
New! Get My Latest Book👇🏿
You asked, I've answered! You no longer need to save for months or years, to enjoy paradise!
JAMAICA On A Budget is your passport to experiencing what I call 'The Real Jamaica' on a budget!
I spilled the beans! sharing my top tips on finding cozy accommodations and secret gems, only the way a native could! Click Here to pick it up on my e-store and start saving now!
See The Best Of Jamaica - In Videos!
My channel reaches over 140,000 subscribers worldwide and has leveraged over 11 million views, sharing, what I call 'The Real Jamaica'. Subscribe today and join our family of viewers.
P.S. Didn't find what you were looking for?
Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.