Visiting Jamaica With Kids?
Here Are Some Kid Friendly Attractions
Sharing Is Caring! Share this awesome content with your friends now.
Watch! See the real Jamaica in VIDEOS!
Click Here and see why over 90,000 fans are raving about my YouTube Channel!
Visiting Jamaica With Kids | Dunn's River Falls Attraction
by Venesha Johnson | Associate Writer
When planning a family vacation with children, especially if the children are of varying age groups, a significant amount of thought and planning have to go into where this vacation will be taking place and for that Jamaica is a great choice.
Is Jamaica safe to travel with kids?
Yes, it is, especially if you stick to the more tourist-friendly areas. Many people from all over the world choose Jamaica as the destination for their family vacation each year. However, regardless of where you are always be cautious.
What part of Jamaica is best for families?
The real question should be what part of Jamaica is not for families. Jamaica in its entirety is great for families. Places like Negril, Montego Bay and Ocho Rios are the island's top vacation and tourist spots and are filled with activities and resorts that are great for the entire family regardless of age.
Where can I take my child for fun in Jamaica?
There are various places and activities for your children to do in Jamaica. So if you are coming to Jamaica with kids in tow, here is a list of five places in Jamaica that your children will enjoy.
- Kool Runnings Adventure Park - is located in Negril and is great for the entire family. There is a waterpark that has 8 large slides and a separate section for younger children. There is also another section of the park that caters mostly to older children and adults. This section has go-cart racing, paintballing, laser tagging and more. You can also enjoy going rafting, canoeing and kayaking as well. No need to worry about food either as there are restaurants, bars and grills on the property.
- Black River Safari - a great option for those looking to explore with their family in a safe and controlled environment. No need to get off the boat as you explore the various offerings that nature provides. You may even get the chance to feed a crocodile or two.
- Dolphin Cove - what’s more fun than swimming with dolphins? Well, that is exactly what you can expect at dolphin cove. You can also relax and watch as the dolphins put on a show. There are also shallow pools that are great for younger children.
- Hope Zoo - the zoo is always a great place for the entire family, and hope zoo is one of the largest in Jamaica. This will be great for children of all ages, as all animals are kept in secure areas.
- From snakes to goats, cows, ostriches, zebras, lions and much more. There is a petting zoo for kids to interact directly with some of the animals. There are restaurants, huge shady trees and plenty of lawn space, making it perfect for a full day family outing.
- Dunn’s River Falls - this is a must-visit spot for many locals and tourists alike. It is an all-day adventure for the entire family as you can choose to climb the waterfalls and enjoy the beach and the younger children can enjoy the slide, splash pool and bucket drops.
There are many many other places for you to take your children here in Jamaica including:
If you are interested in Ziplining and ATV rides while in Jamaica we have quite a few options for that as well.
If you are staying at a resort you will find that most have established menus specifically for young children with varying options, some have kiddie splash pools that are perfect for toddlers, mini water parks with small slides, pirate bays and much more.
Visiting Jamaica With Kids | Devon House I-Scream
If you decide to venture off the property of the resort to go out and dine, you’ll find that most restaurants, not just fast-food chains like Burger King and Kentucky Fried Chicken, provide kid-friendly meals.
For dessert, you can always choose to visit a popular place like Devon House which has the best ice cream in Jamaica, Rolly Polly which makes tasty rolled ice cream right in front of you using any ingredients you choose (even cake!) Tutti Frutti is a great option for some of the best tasting frozen yoghurts with many toppings to choose from.
With so much to do, Jamaica is definitely a great choice for a family vacation with kids. Plus! Jamaica is surrounded by beautiful luscious beaches, and no matter where you are or where you are from the beach is always a great option for a family fun day.
Sharing IS Caring! Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
If you found this page useful, please consider subscribing to my weekly newsletter, to get even more.
It tells you each week about the new information that I have added, including new developments and great stories from lovers of Jamaica!
Return to Jamaican Family Resorts In Mobay from Visiting Jamaica With Kids
Return to My Island Jamaica Homepage from Visiting Jamaica With Kids
References & Sources For Visiting Jamaica With Kids
- 13 Best Kid-Friendly Attractions in Jamaica, http://things-to-do-in-jamaica.com/13-best-kid-friendly-attractions-in-jamaica/
- 40 Fun Things To Do In Jamaica With Kids | BEACHES, https://www.beaches.com/blog/things-to-do-in-jamaica-with-kids/
Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed
P.S. Didn't find what you were looking for?
Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.