Famous Bob Marley Quotes
Top Quotes By Robert Nesta Marley
Bob Marley Quotes - by Kemoy McCurbyn
Bob Marley is without a doubt the greatest reggae artist that ever lived, and even though he died, his legacy is known throughout every continent on earth - and in many case, a legend.
Bob’s words flowed through his music and in any of his songs you can take the melody and tune away from the music, listen to the words and be mesmerized by his amazing words of inspiration.
One thing I know for sure is that Bob was definitely a lover and not a fighter.
I will now provide you some of Bob Marley’s famous quotes. I hope that they provide some inspiration to you as well.
- “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” – Bob Marley
- “Every man got a right to decide his own destiny.” – Bob Marley
- “Some people feel the rain, others just get wet.” – Bob Marley
- “Love the life you live, live the life you love.” – Bob Marley
- “The most beautiful curve on a woman’s body is her smile.” – Bob Marley
- “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” – Bob Marley
- “Judge not before you judge yourself. Judge not, if you’re not ready for judgment.” – Bob Marley
- “Your worst enemy should be your best friend, and your best friend, your worst enemy.” – Bob Marley
- “Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.” – Bob Marley
- “Don’t forget your history or your destiny.” – Bob Marley
- “Don’t gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold.” – Bob Marley
- “Open your eyes and look within, are you satisfied with the life your living?” – Bob Marley
- “You can’t just live in that negative way……make way for the positive day.” – Bob Marley
- “Overcome the devils with a thing called LOVE.”- Bob Marley
- “You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it.
You say you love sun but you seek shade when it is shining. You say you
love wind, but when it comes you close your window. So that’s why I’m
scared when you say you love me.” – Bob Marley
- “I know I’m not perfect and I don’t claim to be, but before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean.” – Bob Marley
- “The greatness of a man is not how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively” – Bob Marley
- “Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you’re riding through the ruts don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don’t bury your thoughts; put your vision to reality. Wake up and Live.”- Bob Marley
Here is one of my favorites:
- “If she’s amazing she won’t be easy. If she’s easy she won’t be amazing. If she’s worth it, you won’t give up. If you give up, you’re not worthy……… The truth is everybody is going to hurt you; you just have to find the ones worth suffering for.” – Bob Marley
My personal favorite quote of them all though is Marley:
- “You may not be her first, her last, or her only. She’s loved before, she may love again. But if she loves you now, what else matters?
She’s not perfect, you aren’t either and the two of you may never be perfect together.
But if she can make you laugh, cause you to think twice, and admit to being human and making mistakes, hold onto her and give her the most you can.
She may not be thinking of you every second of the day, but she will give you a part of her that she knows you can break; her heart.
So don’t hurt her, don’t change her, don’t analyze and don’t expect more than she can give.
Smile when she makes you happy, let her know when she makes you mad, and miss her when she’s not there.” – Bob Marley
Back To Top of Bob Marley Quotes
For more about the life of Bob Marley, the world's reggae music legend, click here.
Return to Famous People from Jamaica from Bob Marley Quotes
Return to My Island Jamaica Homepage from Bob Marley Quotes
Back To Top of Bob Marley Quotes
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/myislandjamaica
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/myislandjamaica
Articles You Might Have Missed...
Thanks For Reading!
Like What You Just Read?
Please join me in my effort to share the beauty and uniqueness of Jamaica with the world. You can do so by sharing this insightful narrative on the social media of your choice and ask others to do the same (BELOW).
We have a cherry list of top Jamaican companies that might be able to help you. Please click here to see them, our preferred partners and site sponsors.
Top Of Page
Get Exclusive Updates & Tips!
You are also welcome to join my special friends list and receive exclusive updates (like this), tips, trivia and stories from lovers of Jamaica!
I'll Gift You A FREE COPY of my eBook, 101 Intriguing Facts About Jamaica - just for subscribing!
Just enter your email & name below: