Jamaican Police Record - How can I get one from overseas?
QUESTION: Hey I'm a Jamaica but I'm in Panama at the moment doing a school course in Spanish.
I've received a work permit to work in the island of Tortola in requires me getting a police record and a few other stuff.
While im here in panama I want to do all the tests and all so that when my course is finished.
I can submit the application form to the embassy right away. But I have one problem. I do not know how to get a police record from Jamaica without being in Jamaica. Can u assist?
I had gotten one over six months ago but I know I have to get a new one every six months so can u tell me how can I obtain this?
ANSWER: by Wellesley February 21, 2012
Thanks for asking Alicia.
Funny enough, it was just a month or two ago I responded to a similar question.
Here is my response:
The only difference with you now is the fact that you are overseas!
I checked with the Duke Street CIB and they provided me this information:
How to get a Jamaica police record from overseas
- Visit your nearest police station (in your country of residence)
- Get a fingerprint test done.
- The fingerprint form must stamped and signed by the authority doing it.
- Take 2 passport size photos (notarized).
- Letter stating the need/reason for the police record.
- Get a copy of your passport (the information page)
- Include a money
order or a bank draft in the amount of approximately USD 25 (JMD 2000).
- Money order must be addressed to the Ministry of National Security OR Assistant Commisioner of Police, CIB Branch.
- Package all these documents.
- Send the documents to the Assistant Commissioner of Police, Criminal Records Office, Technical Service Division – 34 Duke Street, Kingston, Jamaica (1 (876) 922-3221)
- Include instructions on how to return it via regular mail.
- Optional - send a prepaid airway/fedex bill and it will be return to the address.
- Note: The contact is Corine Morris at the agency.
- That's it!
YOU CAN ALSO ASK A LOCAL (FRIEND) TO CONDUCT THE BUSINESS ON YOUR BEHALF, HOW?
- Send the person your details (as indicated above) but with a signed letter approving him or her to conduct the business on your behalf.
- Include a copy of your TRN number. He or she will need it when paying the fees at our local tax office.
- Have the person take the documents to the address above and pay the fees.
- The person will be advised when it is ready.
All the best with this, and good luck with your study and work in Panama.
Note: Here's an invitation to get a copy of My Free Monthly Newsletter!
See Also: The Jamaica Travel Guide.
Note: By the way this Q&A will also be posted on our popular facebook fan page so I am inviting you to follow the responses over there as well. Our address is http://facebook.com/myislandjamaica
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to JamaicaQuestions.
Thanks For Reading!
Like What You Just Read?
Please join me in my effort to share the beauty and uniqueness of Jamaica with the world. You can do so by sharing this insightful narrative on the social media of your choice and ask others to do the same (BELOW).
What's New? Here Are The Very Latest Articles I Added
Apr 19, 15 09:53 AM
Can you get cheap flights to Negril Jamaica? We answer the question here.
Apr 15, 15 09:55 PM
Bringing English reliability and Jamaican builders together ...it works !! We can arrange if you so wish all the difficult things, your desired building
Apr 12, 15 09:35 AM
The video and lyrics of Tony Rebel Sweet Jamaica song
Get Exclusive Updates & Tips!
You are also welcome to join my special friends list and receive exclusive updates (like this), tips, trivia and stories from lovers of Jamaica!
I'll Gift You A FREE COPY of my eBook, 101 Intriguing Facts About Jamaica - just for subscribing!
Just enter your email & name below:
Now, It's Your Turn! :-)
I'd like to hear from you, please click here to share your thoughts and opinions, right now.
Didn't find exactly what you were looking for?
Top Of Page
Click Here to do a quick search of the entire site