Jamaican Police Record - How can I get one from overseas?
QUESTION: Hey I'm a Jamaica but I'm in Panama at the moment doing a school course in Spanish.
I've received a work permit to work in the island of Tortola in requires me getting a police record and a few other stuff.
While im here in panama I want to do all the tests and all so that when my course is finished.
I can submit the application form to the embassy right away. But I have one problem. I do not know how to get a police record from Jamaica without being in Jamaica. Can u assist?
I had gotten one over six months ago but I know I have to get a new one every six months so can u tell me how can I obtain this?ANSWER:
by Wellesley February 21, 2012
Thanks for asking Alicia.
Funny enough, it was just a month or two ago I responded to a similar question.
Here is my response:
The only difference with you now is the fact that you are overseas!
I checked with the Duke Street CIB and they provided me this information:
How to get a Jamaica police record from overseas
- Visit your nearest police station (in your country of residence)
- Get a fingerprint test done.
- The fingerprint form must stamped and signed by the authority doing it.
- Take 2 passport size photos (notarized).
- Letter stating the need/reason for the police record.
- Get a copy of your passport (the information page)
- Include a money
order or a bank draft in the amount of approximately USD 25 (JMD 2000).
- Money order must be addressed to the Ministry of National Security OR Assistant Commisioner of Police, CIB Branch.
- Package all these documents.
- Send the documents to the Assistant Commissioner of Police, Criminal Records Office, Technical Service Division – 34 Duke Street, Kingston, Jamaica (1 (876) 922-3221)
- Include instructions on how to return it via regular mail.
- Optional - send a prepaid airway/fedex bill and it will be return to the address.
- Note: The contact is Corine Morris at the agency.
- That's it!
YOU CAN ALSO ASK A LOCAL (FRIEND) TO CONDUCT THE BUSINESS ON YOUR BEHALF, HOW?
- Send the person your details (as indicated above) but with a signed letter approving him or her to conduct the business on your behalf.
- Include a copy of your TRN number. He or she will need it when paying the fees at our local tax office.
- Have the person take the documents to the address above and pay the fees.
- The person will be advised when it is ready.
All the best with this, and good luck with your study and work in Panama.
Note: Here's an invitation to get a copy of My Free Monthly Newsletter!
See Also: The Jamaica Travel Guide.
Note: By the way this Q&A will also be posted on our popular facebook fan page so I am inviting you to follow the responses over there as well. Our address is http://facebook.com/myislandjamaica
Recommended For You
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool, It works!
Or, simply click here to ask me the question. I'll do my best to get back to you within 24 hours!
And, Before You Go!
Here (below) are some sweet deals on great Jamaican products at Amazon that you might have otherwise missed.
Amazon.com, by the way, is the internet's most reputable retailer and usually showcases only the best products from their inventory.
As an ardent customer and affiliate I earn a small commission from your purchase, at no extra cost to you. So thanks in advance.
Note: If link does not show, please click here to be redirected to our page at Amazon.com.
Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Ready To Vacation?
Please Book With Us...
Was the information helpful to you?
Here is a great way to support our effort.
All you need to do is book your vacation via the reputable HotelsCombined.com search box below.
It can be for travel to Jamaica or anywhere else on earth.
They combine the best deals from across all major booking sites and shows you only the very best!
Not quite ready to book? Start by searching (below) to get some amazing ideas now.
You are also welcome to join my special friends list and receive exclusive updates (like this), tips, trivia and stories from lovers of Jamaica! Just enter...
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
Top Of Page