Jamaica Adventure Tours
The Top Ones!
Team Getting Ready For ZipLining
Jamaica Adventure Tours by C. Holness
What is an “adventure tour”?, you might ask. Adventure tours are excursions which allow you to fully experience and appreciate the natural wonders of the Jamaican wilderness.
Popular with nature-lovers and thrill-seekers alike, this type of tour typically features one or a combination of fun activities in an outdoor setting such as rafting, hiking, horseback riding, or driving all-terrain vehicles.
It's a fantastic way for adventuresome folks to see parts of the island they may miss out on otherwise. Jamaica offers visitors a rich landscape of beautiful surroundings, and what can be better than getting to see them up close while having the time of your life doing something exciting and out of the ordinary?
TYPES OF ADVENTURE TOURS?
You will find that there is a great selection thrilling adventures you can embark upon during your stay in Jamaica. Even if you are just on the island for a few hours while your cruise ship docks at one of Jamaica's ports-of-call, you should have enough time to head out on one of these memorable excursions.
Each tour will consist of usually a small, intimate group of participants led by a dedicated and knowledgeable guide, and all necessary equipment is provided by the tour company, so all you need to do is dress comfortably and bring only yourself.
Some are suitable for people of all ages, and are great for the kids, while others are geared towards adults for safety reasons.
Whether you prefer land or water or a little of both, you are sure to find just the perfect adventure for you that may very well be the highlight of your vacation!
Water Adventure Tours
If you love nothing more than to don a swimsuit and get soaked, or perhaps you would rather simply enjoy a relaxing boat or raft ride out on the turquoise sea or the meandering river, then you have certainly come to the right place!
Jamaican River Tubing
Jamaica is surrounded by the Caribbean Sea with its many exotic lagoons, and it is also home to both calm and fast flowing rivers, which serve as the setting for some of the most amazing types of adventures, including:
- White Water river rafting – For beginners and advanced rafters, various locations
- Bamboo rafting on the Martha Brae (Falmouth) or Rio Grande (Portland) Rivers
- River tubing – offered in Montego Bay, Ocho Rios, Falmouth, and St.Mary parish
- River kayaking on the Rio Bueno or the White River
- Safari boat tours with crocodile sightings on the Black River
- Deep sea sport fishing – Montego Bay, Ocho Rios
- Catamaran cruises – Montego Bay, Ocho Rios, and Negril
- Swimming with the Dolphins – offered at Dolphin's Cove, near Ocho Rios and also in Lucea
- Snorkelling at Montego Bay Marine Park
- Blue Lagoon (the same one as featured in the movie) in Port Antonio
- Mayfield Falls – Negril, swim in underwater caves and natural whirlpools, or go cliff-diving
Adventure Tours On Land
Jamaica boasts a diversely beautiful landscape that artistically combines mountains, tropical forests, waterfalls, valleys, beaches, and many fascinating species of plants and animals.
Since this alone is an attraction worth experiencing, there are also many fun land tours that will enable you to take in as much as possible of the island's breathtaking scenery.
Jamaica Adventure Tours via Buggy
Examples of land adventure tours include:
- The Green Grotto Caves in Discovery Bay, St.Ann – explore this fascinating natural wonder
- Zip-line Canopy Tour – soar through the rainforest canopy on a zip-line, bobsled, or chairlift - Ocho Rios
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicle) Safari or Dune Buggy Adventure – embark on an exciting adventure through the rugged Jamaican wilderness
- 4X4 Jeep Safari tour of the natural and historical side of the island – Negril, Montego Bay, Sandy Bay
- Hiking through Cockpit Country
Adventure Tours Combo!
For those who want to explore the island's beautiful surrounding but also can't resist cooling off in the water, there are many enticing choices that offer the best of both worlds.
Tour time is divided up between land and water activities or it may also consist of a two-in-one. Here are some popular examples of land/water tour options:
- White Water rafting and zip-line combo
- River tubing and zip-line combo
- Horseback ride and swim – first tour the countryside, then ride through the waves of the sea on your own noble steed – Ocho Rios, Falmouth
- Dunn's River Falls – Ocho Rios, scale the outside of this impressive, natural landmark
Chukka Horseback Riding
Besides all of these fun possibilities, there are also many more wonderful choices to make your holiday a blast, for more information about pricing, reservations, etc. check out these popular local tour companies below:
Pages Related to Jamaica Adventure Tours
Return To Jamaica Reviews from Jamaica Adventure Tours
Return To HomePage from Jamaica Adventure Tours
Recommended For You ...
And, Before You Go!
Here (below) are some sweet deals on matching products at Amazon that you might have otherwise missed.
Amazon.com, by the way, is the internet's most reputable retailer and usually showcases only the best products that are related to your search. Be sure to check them out.
Note: If link does not show, please click here to be redirected to our page at Amazon.com.
Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.
Top Of Page
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adores his culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' - since April 2007.
To date, he serves over 8,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
His efforts have earned him featured positions in local publications, including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers, as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies and universities.
He invites you to join his friends list and stay updated on all the latest. You are also invited to join his exclusive patron community.