blue mountain jamaica
by meaghan leger
Contest Entry #6- Blue Mountains, Jamaica
Blue mountain is special because:
- it is the highest point in Jamaica
- from blue mountains you can see the north and south side of Jamaica - on a clear day you can see Cuba!
- is one of the longest continuing ranges in the Caribbean
- they dominate the eastern third of Jamaica
- more then 200 species of birds live in blue mountains
- The famous Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee is cultivated on the lower slopes, while higher slopes are preserved as forest.
- In 1962, the mountains were used as a filming location for Dr. No, the first James Bond film, in which Bond (played by Sean Connery) escaped in his Sunbeam Tiger car from the villainous Three Blind Mice.
- is the highest mountain in Jamaica at 2,256 metres (7,402 ft).
Submit Your Own Attraction here
or See prior submissions here
Looking For Something Special?
In most cases, we have what you are looking for. Just search the entire site using this Google Search bar (below).
Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Was The Information Helpful?
Great! Please help me get the message out by sharing with your friends on social media (links below)
You are also welcome to join my special friends list and receive exclusive updates (like this), tips, trivia and stories from lovers of Jamaica! Just enter...
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
Top Of Page
Need More Help?
We have a cherry list of top Jamaican companies that might be able to help you. Please click here to see them, our preferred partners and site sponsors.