blue mountain jamaica
by meaghan leger
Contest Entry #6- Blue Mountains, Jamaica
Blue mountain is special because:
- it is the highest point in Jamaica
- from blue mountains you can see the north and south side of Jamaica - on a clear day you can see Cuba!
- is one of the longest continuing ranges in the Caribbean
- they dominate the eastern third of Jamaica
- more then 200 species of birds live in blue mountains
- The famous Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee is cultivated on the lower slopes, while higher slopes are preserved as forest.
- In 1962, the mountains were used as a filming location for Dr. No, the first James Bond film, in which Bond (played by Sean Connery) escaped in his Sunbeam Tiger car from the villainous Three Blind Mice.
- is the highest mountain in Jamaica at 2,256 metres (7,402 ft).
Submit Your Own Attraction here
or See prior submissions here
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/myislandjamaica
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/myislandjamaica
Thanks For Reading!
Like What You Just Read?
Please join me in my effort to share the beauty and uniqueness of Jamaica with the world. You can do so by sharing this insightful narrative on the social media of your choice and ask others to do the same (BELOW).
We have a cherry list of top Jamaican companies that might be able to help you. Please click here to see them, our preferred partners and site sponsors.
Top Of Page
Get Exclusive Updates & Tips!
You are also welcome to join my special friends list and receive exclusive updates (like this), tips, trivia and stories from lovers of Jamaica!
I'll Gift You A FREE COPY of my eBook, 101 Intriguing Facts About Jamaica - just for subscribing!
Just enter your email & name below: