WHAT IS JAMAICA?
WHAT IS JAMAICA?...
- Jamaica is 'Rum and Red Stripe.'
- Jamaica is 'Kola Champagne & Manish Water.'
- Jamaica is 'Jerk Pork, Scotch Bonnet peppa, Hardough Bread, Fry Fish & Bammy, Coco Bread & Patty'.
- Jamaica is 'Cornmeal Dumplin, Dasheen, Yam, Coco , Ackee & SaltFish, Black Mango, Star Apple, 'Doouckunu, Dip-an-Fall-Back, Run-dung.'
- Jamaica is 'Bulla-an-Pear, Toeto, SaltFish Fritters, Peppa shrimps, Blue draws, Roast breadfruit and Corn-pork.'
- Jamaica is 'Escoviche fish, Oxtail, Tripe and beans.'
- Jamaica is 'Jackfruit, Juneplum, Naseberry, 'Tinking-toe, Guinep and Hogplum.'
- Jamaica is 'Mint Balls, Bustamante-backbone, Paradise plum, Asham, Drops, Gizzada, and Grater cake.' Read more
- Jamaica is 'Bun and cheese, Sorrel and Rum cake.'
- Jamaica is 'Miss Lou'
- Jamaica is 'Anancy and Big Boy stories.'
- Jamaica is 'GRANDMARKET NIGHT!'
- Jamaica is 'Irie, Nyabingi, Boogooyaga, Leggobeast, Boo-noo-noo-nous'
- Jamaica is 'Dandy Shandy, playing Ludo and a 'quick six of Dominoes.'
- Jamaica is 'Ital stew, Strong-Back-an-Cheny- Root, Irish Mosh, Cirsee or Herb Tea, Castor oil at the end of summerand Senna and Salts.'
- Jamaica is 'Blouse and skirt!, Kin-Puppa-Lick!,
Rhattid!, Blough-wow!, Geeze-u-wiz ! Gouzum!'
- Jamaica is 'Cool runnings, cease and sekkle, haul-an-pull-up and 'nuff respeck.'
- Jamaica is 'Suck-suck and sky-juice.'
- Jamaica is 'Wi likkle but wi tal-a-wah!'
- Jamaica is 'Wey yu a sey?, What a gwan? Whappen? & How it a go?'
- Jamaica is 'bull-buck & duppy conqueror'
- Jamaica is 'Zinc fence and gully water.'
- Jamaica is 'Stop de cow bawlng eena de place.'
- Jamaica is 'Whateva sweet yu gwine sour yu!'
- Jamaica is 'Weh yu nuh kibba yu mout?'
- Jamaica is 'A hell-an-powdah-house dung ya tiday.'
- Jamaica is 'Nu mek mi spit, an it dry up before yu cum back'
- Jamaica is 'Blouse an' skirt', and 'Kiss mi neck back'.
- JAMAICA IS EVERYTHING AND MUCH MUCH MORE - JAMAICA LAND WE LOVE!!
IF YOUR HEART SMILES WHEN YOU READ THIS
... YOU ARE DEFINITELY A TRUE JAMAICAN!
Did we miss something? Please add your own here
See also: Jamaica 55 events
& Jamaican Food
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Have_Your_Say.
Recommended For You ...
Since you're here...
… I have a small favour to ask. I'm on a journey to amaze you with even more engaging content. I want to talk, listen and interact with you even more. I want to share the very best of my travelogues, my experience and time around the country with you.
Thanks to Patreon, I'm now finally able do more of what you'd want me to do.
For as little as $1, you can become a Patreon – and it only takes a minute. Click Here to become a Patreon. Thank you.
And, Before You Go!
Here (below) are some sweet deals on matching products at Amazon that you might have otherwise missed.
Amazon.com, by the way, is the internet's most reputable retailer and usually showcases only the best products that are related to your search. Be sure to check them out.
Note: If link does not show, please click here to be redirected to our page at Amazon.com.
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool, It works!
Or, simply click hereto ask me the question. I'll do my best to get back to you within 24 hours!
Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
You are also welcome to join my special friends list and receive exclusive updates (like this), tips, trivia and stories from lovers of Jamaica! Just enter...
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
Top Of Page
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adores his culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' - since April 2007.
To date, he serves over 8,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
His efforts have earned him featured positions in local publications, including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers, as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies and universities.
He invites you to join his friends list and stay updated on all the latest. You are also invited to join his exclusive patron community.