with all that's new at My-Island-Jamaica, Click Here to subscribe
for my updates and don't miss a thing!
WHAT IS JAMAICA?
WHAT IS JAMAICA?...
- Jamaica is 'Rum and Red Stripe.'
- Jamaica is 'Kola Champagne & Manish Water.'
- Jamaica is 'Jerk Pork, Scotch Bonnet peppa, Hardough Bread, Fry Fish & Bammy, Coco Bread & Patty'.
- Jamaica is 'Cornmeal Dumplin, Dasheen, Yam, Coco , Ackee & SaltFish, Black Mango, Star Apple, 'Doouckunu, Dip-an-Fall-Back, Run-dung.'
- Jamaica is 'Bulla-an-Pear, Toeto, SaltFish Fritters, Peppa shrimps, Blue draws, Roast breadfruit and Corn-pork.'
- Jamaica is 'Escoviche fish, Oxtail, Tripe and beans.'
- Jamaica is 'Jackfruit, Juneplum, Naseberry, 'Tinking-toe, Guinep and Hogplum.'
- Jamaica is 'Mint Balls, Bustamante-backbone, Paradise plum, Asham, Drops, Gizzada, and Grater cake.' Read more
- Jamaica is 'Bun and cheese, Sorrel and Rum cake.'
- Jamaica is 'Miss Lou'
- Jamaica is 'Anancy and Big Boy stories.'
- Jamaica is 'GRANDMARKET NIGHT!'
- Jamaica is 'Irie, Nyabingi, Boogooyaga, Leggobeast, Boo-noo-noo-nous'
- Jamaica is 'Dandy Shandy, playing Ludo and a 'quick six of Dominoes.'
- Jamaica is 'Ital stew, Strong-Back-an-Cheny- Root, Irish Mosh, Cirsee or Herb Tea, Castor oil at the end of summerand Senna and Salts.'
- Jamaica is 'Blouse and skirt!, Kin-Puppa-Lick!,
Rhattid!, Blough-wow!, Geeze-u-wiz ! Gouzum!'
- Jamaica is 'Cool runnings, cease and sekkle, haul-an-pull-up and 'nuff respeck.'
- Jamaica is 'Suck-suck and sky-juice.'
- Jamaica is 'Wi likkle but wi tal-a-wah!'
- Jamaica is 'Wey yu a sey?, What a gwan? Whappen? & How it a go?'
- Jamaica is 'bull-buck & duppy conqueror'
- Jamaica is 'Zinc fence and gully water.'
- Jamaica is 'Stop de cow bawlng eena de place.'
- Jamaica is 'Whateva sweet yu gwine sour yu!'
- Jamaica is 'Weh yu nuh kibba yu mout?'
- Jamaica is 'A hell-an-powdah-house dung ya tiday.'
- Jamaica is 'Nu mek mi spit, an it dry up before yu come back'
- Jamaica is 'Blouse an' skirt', and 'Kiss mi neck back'.
- JAMAICA IS EVERYTHING AND MUCH MUCH MORE - JAMAICA LAND WE LOVE!!
IF YOUR HEART SMILES WHEN YOU READ THIS
... YOU ARE DEFINITELY A TRUE JAMAICAN!
Did we miss something? Please add your own here
See also: Jamaica 55 events
& Jamaican Food
If you found this page useful, please consider subscribing to my weekly newsletter, My Island Jamaica Digest here. It tells you each week about the new information that I have added, including new developments and great stories from lovers of Jamaica!
Back To The Top Of This Page
New! Talk To Me
Was the information helpful? Something needs changing? I welcome your feedback here.
Recommended For You ...
Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.
Back To The Top Of This Page
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adores his culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' since April 2007.
To date, he serves over 9,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
efforts have earned him featured positions in local publications,
including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers,
as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies
and universities. Read more about him here.
He invites you to join his friends list and stay updated on all the latest. You are also invited to join his exclusive patron community.