Jamaica Adventure Tours
The Top Ones!
Team Getting Ready For ZipLining
Jamaica Adventure Tours by C. Holness
What is an “adventure tour”?, you might ask. Adventure tours are excursions which allow you to fully experience and appreciate the natural wonders of the Jamaican wilderness.
Popular with nature-lovers and thrill-seekers alike, this type of tour typically features one or a combination of fun activities in an outdoor setting such as rafting, hiking, horseback riding, or driving all-terrain vehicles.
It's a fantastic way for adventuresome folks to see parts of the island they may miss out on otherwise. Jamaica offers visitors a rich landscape of beautiful surroundings, and what can be better than getting to see them up close while having the time of your life doing something exciting and out of the ordinary?
TYPES OF ADVENTURE TOURS?
You will find that there is a great selection thrilling adventures you can embark upon during your stay in Jamaica. Even if you are just on the island for a few hours while your cruise ship docks at one of Jamaica's ports-of-call, you should have enough time to head out on one of these memorable excursions.
Each tour will consist of usually a small, intimate group of participants led by a dedicated and knowledgeable guide, and all necessary equipment is provided by the tour company, so all you need to do is dress comfortably and bring only yourself.
Some are suitable for people of all ages, and are great for the kids, while others are geared towards adults for safety reasons.
Whether you prefer land or water or a little of both, you are sure to find just the perfect adventure for you that may very well be the highlight of your vacation!
Water Adventure Tours
If you love nothing more than to don a swimsuit and get soaked, or perhaps you would rather simply enjoy a relaxing boat or raft ride out on the turquoise sea or the meandering river, then you have certainly come to the right place!
Jamaican River Tubing
Jamaica is surrounded by the Caribbean Sea with its many exotic lagoons, and it is also home to both calm and fast flowing rivers, which serve as the setting for some of the most amazing types of adventures, including:
- White Water river rafting – For beginners and advanced rafters, various locations
- Bamboo rafting on the Martha Brae (Falmouth) or Rio Grande (Portland) Rivers
- River tubing – offered in Montego Bay, Ocho Rios, Falmouth, and St.Mary parish
- River kayaking on the Rio Bueno or the White River
- Safari boat tours with crocodile sightings on the Black River
- Deep sea sport fishing – Montego Bay, Ocho Rios
- Catamaran cruises – Montego Bay, Ocho Rios, and Negril
- Swimming with the Dolphins – offered at Dolphin's Cove, near Ocho Rios and also in Lucea
- Snorkelling at Montego Bay Marine Park
- Blue Lagoon (the same one as featured in the movie) in Port Antonio
- Mayfield Falls – Negril, swim in underwater caves and natural whirlpools, or go cliff-diving
Adventure Tours On Land
Jamaica boasts a diversely beautiful landscape that artistically combines mountains, tropical forests, waterfalls, valleys, beaches, and many fascinating species of plants and animals.
Since this alone is an attraction worth experiencing, there are also many fun land tours that will enable you to take in as much as possible of the island's breathtaking scenery.
Jamaica Adventure Tours via Buggy
Examples of land adventure tours include:
- The Green Grotto Caves in Discovery Bay, St.Ann – explore this fascinating natural wonder
- Zip-line Canopy Tour – soar through the rainforest canopy on a zip-line, bobsled, or chairlift - Ocho Rios
- ATV (All Terrain Vehicle) Safari or Dune Buggy Adventure – embark on an exciting adventure through the rugged Jamaican wilderness
- 4X4 Jeep Safari tour of the natural and historical side of the island – Negril, Montego Bay, Sandy Bay
- Hiking through Cockpit Country
Adventure Tours Combo!
For those who want to explore the island's beautiful surrounding but also can't resist cooling off in the water, there are many enticing choices that offer the best of both worlds.
Tour time is divided up between land and water activities or it may also consist of a two-in-one. Here are some popular examples of land/water tour options:
- White Water rafting and zip-line combo
- River tubing and zip-line combo
- Horseback ride and swim – first tour the countryside, then ride through the waves of the sea on your own noble steed – Ocho Rios, Falmouth
- Dunn's River Falls – Ocho Rios, scale the outside of this impressive, natural landmark
Chukka Horseback Riding
Besides all of these fun possibilities, there are also many more wonderful choices to make your holiday a blast, for more information about pricing, reservations, etc. check out these popular local tour companies below:
Pages Related to Jamaica Adventure Tours
Return To Jamaica Reviews from Jamaica Adventure Tours
Return To HomePage from Jamaica Adventure Tours
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/myislandjamaica
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/myislandjamaica
Thanks For Reading!
Like What You Just Read?
Please join me in my effort to share the beauty and uniqueness of Jamaica with the world. You can do so by sharing this insightful narrative with your friends on the social media of your choice and ask them to do the same (BELOW).
Great Articles You Might Have Missed...
We have a cherry list of top Jamaican companies that might be able to help you. Please click here to see them, our preferred partners and site sponsors.
Top Of Page
Get Exclusive Updates & Tips!
You are also welcome to join my special friends list and receive exclusive updates (like this), tips, trivia and stories from lovers of Jamaica!
I'll Gift You A FREE COPY of my eBook, 101 Intriguing Facts About Jamaica - just for subscribing!
Just enter your email & name below: