Tasty, Lip Smacking
Jamaican Brown Stew Chicken
Another favourite of our household, try the succulent Jamaican brown stew chicken!
By no means am I a great cook -not even an average one, but I must
say that this is one of the easiest dishes to prepare, and it is still
darn tasty - excuse my language.
It is certainly in my top five favourite dishes. Of course curried chicken and the sumptuous chicken foot soup are my top two!
It is also a very popular and regular dish here. And by regular I
mean it is habitually prepared, most traditional families prepares it
at least once per week.
If you eat out, you will also find it in all our local
restaurants here. And just as the other popular Jamaican dishes, you
should also get this dish in most Jamaican restaurants overseas,
particularly the US,CA and UK.
Here is a simple recipe, give it a shot.
And if you don't mind, let me know how it went. It's very simple so please don't disappoint me now, OK?
- 3 lb. Chicken
- 1 stalk scallion
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 3 regular sized carrots
- 1 oz. soy sauce
- 1 sprig. thyme (chopped)
- 1.5 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion (Chopped)
- 2 Tomatoes (diced)
- ½ oz lime juice
- 4 tablespoon ketchup
- Wash the chicken in water with the lime juice.
- Clean & cut chicken into small pieces.
- With the exception of the oil and ketchup, combine the chicken and all the other seasonings-including soy sauce.
- Rub all the ingredients into the chicken and allow to marinate for a few hours (even overnight, if possible).
- Remove the tomatoes,scallion and other easily removed seasonings from the chicken and place in a bowl.
- Heat the vegetable oil- well hot, and fry all the chicken pieces until brown.
- Add all the seasonings in the same saucepan along with the tomato ketchup and carrot.
- Add water
- Cover and cook over medium heat until tender.
- Serve it up!
And, don't miss these related pages:
Didn't find exactly what you were looking for?
Return to Food from Jamaica from Jamaican Brown Stew ChickenReturn to Homepage from Jamaican Brown Stew Chicken
Do a quick search of the entire site.
New! We've recently launched our new and innovative Research & Consultancy support center.
Please click here and see how we might be able to help you.
Thanks For Reading!
Like What You Just Read?
Please join me in my effort to share the beauty and uniqueness of Jamaica with the world. You can do so by sharing this insightful narrative on the social media of your choice and ask others to do the same (BELOW).
Top Of Page
Get Exclusive Updates & Tips!
You are also welcome to join my special friends list and receive exclusive updates (like this), tips, trivia and stories from lovers of Jamaica!
I'll Gift You A FREE COPY of my eBook, 101 Intriguing Facts About Jamaica - just for subscribing!
Just enter your email & name below: