Here is an easy Jamaican curry goat recipe for you to try.
Curried Goat, by the way, is one another of our popular Jamaican preparation and is a favourite with white rice, rice and peas or roasted breadfruit - breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Good luck with your effort!
OK, here we go!
- 3 lbs mutton (goat meat) -cut it into medium-sized chunks
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 medium potatoes (diced)- optional
- 1 large onion; diced
- 3 cloves garlic; minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 bunch scallions; chopped
- 1 scotch bonnet, seeded & minced finely
- 2 tablespoons Jamaican curry powder.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Season meat with the seasoning salt.
- Heat the cooking oil in a large pot & add 1 tablespoon of the Jamaican curry powder.
- Cook stirring constantly until the curry powder darkens quite a bit.
- Put meat in pot along with onions, scallions, garlic & scotch bonnet pepper.
- Fry a little (about 5 minutes) over medium heat.
- Add thyme, remaining curry powder, black pepper & a little (1/2 teaspoon) of seasoning salt.
- Cover with water & simmer uncovered until meat is very tender & sauce is thick.
- Add diced potatoes to pot after meat is tender.
- Simmer on very low heat until potatoes are tender.
- Taste sauce & add more salt, if necessary.
- Serve with white rice (or whatever you like)
- Serve it up!
More Free Jamaican Recipes here.
And please don't miss these related pages:
Make sure you subscribe to my free monthly e-zine My Island Jamaica Digest (MIJD) and stay with the latest from Jamaica!
Didn't find exactly what you were looking for?
Do a quick search of the entire site.
Back to Top
Back to Jamaican Food from Jamaican Curry Goat Recipe
Back to My Island Jamaica Homepage from Jamaican Curry Goat Recipe