A Quick and Easy...
Jamaican Curry Goat Recipe
Here is an easy Jamaican curry goat recipe for you to try.
Curried Goat, by the way, is another of our popular Jamaican preparation and is a favourite with white rice, rice and peas or roasted breadfruit - breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Good luck with your effort!
OK, here we go!
- 3 lbs mutton (goat meat) -cut it into medium-sized chunks
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 medium potatoes (diced)- optional
- 1 large onion; diced
- 3 cloves garlic; minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 bunch scallions; chopped
- 1 scotch bonnet, seeded & minced finely
- 2 tablespoons Jamaican curry powder.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Season meat with the seasoning salt.
- Heat the cooking oil in a large pot & add 1 tablespoon of the Jamaican curry powder.
- Cook stirring constantly until the curry powder darkens quite a bit.
- Put meat in pot along with onions, scallions, garlic & scotch bonnet pepper.
- Fry a little (about 5 minutes) over medium heat.
- Add thyme, remaining curry powder, black pepper & a little (1/2 teaspoon) of seasoning salt.
- Cover with water & simmer uncovered until meat is very tender & sauce is thick.
- Add diced potatoes to pot after meat is tender.
- Simmer on very low heat until potatoes are tender.
- Taste sauce & add more salt, if necessary.
- Serve with white rice (or whatever you like)
- Serve it up!
So how do you like your Jamaican curried goat?
I already mentioned that we typically have it with white rice, dumplings or roasted breadfruit, but I would be interested to hear your from you?
Are you able to get the ingredients where you are? Share your thoughts on the link below.
By the way, when last have you had it?
OK, well now there is no more excuse to wait that long - go ahead, print this recipe and give it a try OK - and let me know how it turns out, OK :-)
And please don't miss these related pages:
Back to Jamaican Food from Jamaican Curry Goat Recipe
Back to My Island Jamaica Homepage from Jamaican Curry Goat Recipe
Thanks For Reading!
Like What You Just Read?
Please join me in my effort to share the beauty and uniqueness of Jamaica with the world. You can do so by sharing this insightful narrative on the social media of your choice and ask others to do the same (BELOW).
What's New? Here Are The Very Latest Articles I Added
Mar 29, 15 10:23 PM
QUESTION about finding a Jamaican Host Family: Hi My name is Ed. I have never been to Jamaica before but I have plans on going there. But there is one
Mar 29, 15 10:30 AM
Jamaica is the sweetest, nah true!! I’ve been coming twice a year for the last 10 years. Firstly to Ocho Rios and then 8 years ago I found a treasure in
Mar 22, 15 08:42 AM
I am fortunate enough to have visited the island of Jamaica 15 times in total over the past 25 years! My first trip was to Montego Bay, near Doctors
Get Exclusive Updates & Tips!
You are also welcome to join my special friends list and receive exclusive updates (like this), tips, trivia and stories from lovers of Jamaica!
I'll Gift You A FREE COPY of my eBook, 101 Intriguing Facts About Jamaica - just for subscribing!
Just enter your email & name below:
Now, It's Your Turn! :-)
I'd like to hear from you, please click here to share your thoughts and opinions, right now.
Didn't find exactly what you were looking for?
Top Of Page
Click Here to do a quick search of the entire site