Escoveitched Fish Recipe
Jamaican Escoveitched Fish Recipe by Kemoy McCurbyn
Escoveitched is also another quick and easy
way to prepare fish. This method of cooking the fish is the all-time favorite way that I (and most
Jamaicans) prefer to prepare our fish.
Here now is a quick and easy recipe that will definitely turn you into an escoveitched fish lover- if not already are :-)
Escoveitched Fish recipe
Preparation Time: 10 – 15 Minutes
Cook Time – 20 Minutes
• 2 lbs whole or sliced fish
• ½ cup cooking oil
• 4 tbs fish seasoning
• 2 tsp black pepper
• 1 tsp salt
• 3 cloves garlic
• 2 whole lime or lemon or ¼ cup vinegar
• Clean fish and wash with lime / lemon juice or vinegar
• Put fish to drain on paper towel and make a diagonal cut on each side of the fish.
• Combine fish seasoning, salt and black pepper in a small dish
• Place oil in frying pan to heat.
• Crush the garlic and place in the frying pan, while the oil is being heating.
• While oil is being heated, rub seasoning in the fish cavity, and on the outside, make sure to season thoroughly.
• Ensure that the oil in the frying pan is very hot
• Place 2 fish at a time in the preheated oil
• Fry until each side of the fish is golden brown
• Place each fried fish in dish that can be covered
• 3 tbsp oil from the pan that fish was fried in
• 2 cups white or cider vinegar
• 3 medium sized carrots, julienned
• 2 large onions cut in rings
• 3 scotch bonnet or hot pepper cut in rings
• 6 pimento berries
• Combine oil, vinegar, carrot, onion, pepper and pimento in sauce pan
• Cook carrot and onion until tender
• Pour sauce while hot onto fish
• Cover dish and marinate for 2 hours
Add slices of pepper, onion, and carrots tp add additional garnishing. Now serve fish with your favorite side dish, and enjoy.
Escoveitched fish is typically served here with a few slices of bread, festival or bammy.
When escoveitched the fish boast a lot of flavor, seasoning and spices,
that makes it mouthwatering.
And by the way, even persons who are not big fish lovers would tell you that perhaps their choice would be
Do enjoy and please share, the links to share are below.
Return to Jamaican Fish Recipes from Jamaican Escoveitched Fish Recipe
Return to My Island Jamaica Homepage from Jamaican Escoveitched Fish Recipe
Recommended For You
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool, It works!
Or, simply click here to ask me the question. I'll do my best to get back to you within 24 hours!
And, Before You Go!
Here (below) are some sweet deals on great Jamaican products at Amazon that you might have otherwise missed.
Amazon.com, by the way, is the internet's most reputable retailer and usually showcases only the best products from their inventory.
As an ardent customer and affiliate I earn a small commission from your purchase, at no extra cost to you. So thanks in advance.
Note: If link does not show, please click here to be redirected to our page at Amazon.com.
Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Ready To Vacation?
Please Book With Us...
Was the information helpful to you?
Here is a great way to support our effort.
All you need to do is book your vacation via the reputable HotelsCombined.com search box below.
It can be for travel to Jamaica or anywhere else on earth.
They combine the best deals from across all major booking sites and shows you only the very best!
Not quite ready to book? Start by searching (below) to get some amazing ideas now.
You are also welcome to join my special friends list and receive exclusive updates (like this), tips, trivia and stories from lovers of Jamaica! Just enter...
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
Top Of Page